Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Hi all,

I've finally decided to move beyond a target/walmart racquet to a better tennis racquet. Before actually buying one though, I'd ideally want to try it out for some time (say a week) before deciding on it. I've heard that there are stores/sites that let you do this. Any idea what they might be, in or near the bay area?

The price range I am looking at is $100-200, if it matters.

Thanks,
Vivek

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Vivek,

You can try out Zalles (in Foster City) or Tennis Station (in Burlingame). At Zalles you pay $20 to try out racquets for 1 month. You can check out 2 racquets at a time for up to a week. The $20 goes to the purchase of a racquet at the end of the month.

At Tennis Station you pay $50 for a 2-month period and you can only check out 1 racquet at a time. The fee at TS also goes towards the purchase of a racquet. I'm not sure what racquet you'll end up with, but in some cases it's actually cheaper to sign up for a demo program and then go online to purchase the racquet.

Also, Zalles is sponsoring some sort of tennis clinic this Monday (Memorial Day). It's free and it's just down the street from their store. They'll have some of the latest racquets to demo and you can meet their staff and other tennis players.

Good luck finding a racquet!
Hi Keebler, thanks for the detailed reply. I'll check them out and post an update on how it turns out.
Thanks,
Vivek
And Keebler: too bad I only saw your post today -- would have loved to check out the Zales clinic!
There's many demo programs around the area. 1)Tennis Station in Burlingame 2)Sports Authority 3)Tennis Express.com 4) Tennis Warehouse.com you can normally find this site on wtatour.com or atptour.com......those are the place that I know of.
Hi Kris -- thanks for the info!
-Vivek

Kris said:
There's many demo programs around the area. 1)Tennis Station in Burlingame 2)Sports Authority 3)Tennis Express.com 4) Tennis Warehouse.com you can normally find this site on wtatour.com or atptour.com......those are the place that I know of.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service