Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I think the top four of this year (Rafa, Fed, Djoker, Murray) will be the top four for next year too. But will it end in the same order? My prediction is that it will be: Rafa Murray Djoker Fed. I predict Murray wins his first slam and that Fed's confidence continues to decline against the top competitors.

What you say?

Tags: 4, djokovic, federer, murray, nadal, nole, top

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you are right but going for a diff order

(1) rafa- (french only)
(2) murray- first GS (AO and US)
(3) Fed- (Wim)
(4) djok- to be there or there abouts but no GS

I think a close run thing next year with these four but also Simon will take number 5 for consistency and Del Potro, Daydenko and Tsongo will fight for 6 and 7 and 8, the rest also rans. Unfortunately(?) the US may have no one in top ten for the first time in years with Nalbandian (9) and Gulbis (10) of Latvia to have a really good year and get close to top ten.
I have no trust in Tsonga - he's just too streaky of a player. Simon has legs but I'm afraid he'll never break through the top. What is his weapon? Del Potro is the one that will eventually be a contender for number 1 in the world - probably in about 3 or 4 years barring any injuries. Gulbis looks good - but I'm not sure about his fire. What do you think about these guys in terms of their strengths and weaknesses?

richard meaghan said:
I think you are right but going for a diff order

(1) rafa- (french only)
(2) murray- first GS (AO and US)
(3) Fed- (Wim)
(4) djok- to be there or there abouts but no GS

I think a close run thing next year with these four but also Simon will take number 5 for consistency and Del Potro, Daydenko and Tsongo will fight for 6 and 7 and 8, the rest also rans. Unfortunately(?) the US may have no one in top ten for the first time in years with Nalbandian (9) and Gulbis (10) of Latvia to have a really good year and get close to top ten.
Any more takers on the predictions prior to the start of the Aussie?
Fed, Murray, Nadal, Nole

Mark / Mr. Mayor said:
Any more takers on the predictions prior to the start of the Aussie?
1. Rafa
2. Murray
3. Djokovic
4. Federer

Rafa will not only dominate the clay court season, he'll take his first US Open.
Federer not only has a Rafa problem, if Saturday's semi in Rome was any indication, now he has a Djokovic problem - not to mention his personal life.
If Murray can stay in shape, he can win his first Wimbledon title!
Yep!
These are the same 4, in order, that I put up in December. And we all know Fed has developed a nasty Murray problem. i really do want to see Roger return to the top, but I just don't think it is going to happen. Isn't it always shocking how fast a long time Number One drops from the top? Remember Sampras' fall?
M

Richard Smith said:
1. Rafa
2. Murray
3. Djokovic
4. Federer

Rafa will not only dominate the clay court season, he'll take his first US Open.
Federer not only has a Rafa problem, if Saturday's semi in Rome was any indication, now he has a Djokovic problem - not to mention his personal life.
If Murray can stay in shape, he can win his first Wimbledon title!
yeah mark watching Nole hit form recently after his poor earlier displays is encouraging. Murray goes 3rd soon with Nole not recapturing Rome. Fed I agree I can only see him going down the list. It will be interesting come the hard court season again with Nadal having to match his success of last years points but Nole and Murray cant catch him, but I think it will be really interesting to see who takes number 2.....As for the rest of the top 10 you can throw your hat over several but Verdasco seems consistent as does del potro and Roddick

Mark / Mr. Mayor said:
Yep!
These are the same 4, in order, that I put up in December. And we all know Fed has developed a nasty Murray problem. i really do want to see Roger return to the top, but I just don't think it is going to happen. Isn't it always shocking how fast a long time Number One drops from the top? Remember Sampras' fall?
M

Richard Smith said:
1. Rafa
2. Murray
3. Djokovic
4. Federer

Rafa will not only dominate the clay court season, he'll take his first US Open.
Federer not only has a Rafa problem, if Saturday's semi in Rome was any indication, now he has a Djokovic problem - not to mention his personal life.
If Murray can stay in shape, he can win his first Wimbledon title!
Boy! Was I ever wrong!
So who won this bet anyway?
M
Well if we were to use a sliding scale of 4 points for 1st 3 for 2nd... etc

Joseph and I would be tied with 4

Mr Mayor and Richard Smith would have two

Richard Meaghan would have 0

If we gave equal points for getting a place right then there would be a four way tie for 1st and RM would be in 2nd.
The actual order on 12/28/09 was:

1) Fed
2) Nadal
3) Nole
4) Murray

Mark / Mr. Mayor said:
Boy! Was I ever wrong!
So who won this bet anyway?
M

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2014   Created by Mark / The Mayor.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service