Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Novak into the Australian Open Final

Maybe the most physically demanding matches in the history of tennis. These two battled for nearly 5 hours and the quality of tennis was off the charts. Amazing shots, amazing gets, and tons of heart from both players.

I felt having Lendl in Andy's corner was a big help and has pushed Andy's game to another level. It is a real shame he could not pull out the win. This is a match where you hate to see someone lose.

What can you say about Novak Djokovic. He has gone from being a choker to MR Clutch!!! He now loves these moments and somehow knows he is coming out on top no matter what.

Here is the question of the day. Can Novak come back and play Rafa Nadal at 100 percent. I believe his game is now better and more complete than Rafa, but he will need to be 100 percent ready physically and mentally to deal with the Spanish Bull. Can he do it or did today's match take it's toll? Let me know what you think.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't seen the video, but the text portion above is right on.  It is as if I said it myself.  Such a shame that Murray could not pull out that victory.  I hope he learns from this rather than letting it set him back.  I think Nadal will win now because, I don't care who you are, you are not bouncing back from a 4.5 hour match like that.  Nole will be spent by the middle of the final.

yes I agree completely...it will still be a good match though

Sorry, Mark. You may have predicted Djokovic at the very beginning, but then you rooted for Murray, and then said Nadal would beat him. Your bragging rights must be given over totally to Hesam. He wins the invisible apple. lol

Djokovic will still win. He'll just do what he's been doing.

You know something...I'm going Rafa this time. After being surprised that he played as well as he did against Federer(considering how he wasn't very good all through the tournament), he played wonderful in the last three sets against Fed and took him out again. Novak just had the brutal fight of his life, and that'll take a physical toll.

I'm saying Rafa in 4, believe it or not.

I like Rafa for in this one too. Murray put up a valiant match.

you would think...but I am watching now and novak looks fresh as a daisy

Am I the only one picking Djokovic? Well, then. Go Novak!!

your pick is looking good

About to leave work and it looks like this baby's going the distance... I'm hurrying home to watch the fireworks

it is awesome!!! get in front of the tv asap

Novak won! Just call him the Marathon Man. I just woke up and now need to see the last four sets. lol

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service