Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

RHs,

Yes, looking forward to return to London (put forward to tomorrow) and getting playing again. Here in Devon I only have access to outside court which has been iced over.

Really looking forward to testing out a new, 'special' YTPP and the TF Vo2 320 and seeing if 1 or other can oust the APD. I also want to 'revisit' my old PD+, a frame that I was surprised to find I really liked when I hit with it fairly recently. 

Finally, nice to see the FS/T section on this site operating. Providing it's not too much hassle to upload relevant info, I'll probably stick a few frames up here in a week or 2... I recently did a lot of business on ebay and it's been nothing but an endless chore with ppl pissing me around - I look forward to shifting frames in an altogether easier manner.

Peace and gloves tennis bums!

R.

Views: 654

Replies to This Discussion

hey Ross in London about the 15th-20th Jan would be good to meet up.

Ye'know you get boxing day out the way cos your body is saying nah i dont need anymore but then the following days come and wine and normal practise seem to resume. 

Got the nod and we have started the racket gear sales etc group.  Hope we can make a go of it here its a great site and especially if we can get the usuals on board. Already asked Jimbo as he was so peeved with our last venture and its premature death. Saw your diary today and wow love your new neurotice. I do have a revelation tour95 that may be up your street, whippy, open patterned, sexy ha!

Had 4 sets of doubles and one set of singles which although rusty from wine and turkey excess i won fairly comfortably. Very cold but fun. Knackered afterwards tho after not playing for two weeks.
Always good to win when you have the only lady as your partner. Twice we won 6-3 and 6-1 against decent opposition.
Really focussed on my fh follow thro hitting up the ball. Which stops me from going for too many winners being patient and waiting for an opening. Very tiring with the heavy balls.

Yes, do get in touch before you come... be nice to meet for a drink or whatever, maybe tennis... whatever is do-able... R.

Re the Xmas lay-off/festivities, I've put on 6 lbs! OMG that just shows what can happen in a mere week of over-indulgence! .O.

richard meaghan said:

Ye'know you get boxing day out the way cos your body is saying nah i dont need anymore but then the following days come and wine and normal practise seem to resume. 

Got the nod and we have started the racket gear sales etc group.  Hope we can make a go of it here its a great site and especially if we can get the usuals on board. Already asked Jimbo as he was so peeved with our last venture and its premature death. Saw your diary today and wow love your new neurotice. I do have a revelation tour95 that may be up your street, whippy, open patterned, sexy ha!

I was supposed to play today, managed to fall down stairs a couple of days ago, (only 6 or so not any real damage) but stuck out my right hand to stop myself, jarring my shoulder and can't  currently turn my head to the right properly. It's the low speed falls that hurt just like when snowboarding!
was this a drunken fall :)

Dave Moors said:
I was supposed to play today, managed to fall down stairs a couple of days ago, (only 6 or so not any real damage) but stuck out my right hand to stop myself, jarring my shoulder and can't  currently turn my head to the right properly. It's the low speed falls that hurt just like when snowboarding!

Dave and Rich,

Dave, that sounds like the sort of silly thing I do!... seriously, hope it passes swiftly.

Rich - Pacific strings? I know you were noodling with X Force Extreme or Poly Spin (can't remember which)... would you actually recommend any of these?

I've got bang into my string experiments in recent months - I find it adds a new dimension to all this actually (funnilly enough, ever since Fb UKRHs - that's really what I've used it for most tbh)... for reference, presently I like big spin; lots of oomph; firm and stiff but not killer harsh; and, I dunno, interesting... fwiw, I really like Tour Bite.

Speak anon gents,

R.

Sadly no, i in all honesty can not quite remember the last time i drank alcohol, not a choice for any reason just ended up in a stiuation where we were having to make energency drives on a regular basis and lost the taste for it.(don't kick me off the RH & 'bum list please)It has freed up cash for racquets and petrol for the mustang and the chevy astro though! 

richard meaghan said:
was this a drunken fall :)

Dave Moors said:

I have a couple ofpacific strings in the post of Jaz inc poly spin.

I used xforce extreme 18 and really enjoyed it for a couple of sessions, pretty soft for a poly, plenty of spin but bit like the Rebel just didnt quite know where the ball was going half the time.

The other was Poly Force 17 and Ive gotta say after a few long games its still playing well. Its firm but I found really nice touch. Excellent string imo. A couple of games were with heavy wet balls and it never let me down. It also has some pop too. Oh and I did find my kick serve was somewhat improved.

Cant say Im going to swap it for Alu tho, there is a certain crispness and bite I havent found with any other string.

Pacific prime gut I love too better imo than VS, again crisper, and strung with alu rough on crosses, man can you put some movement on the ball !!

How's everyone?

Now this is a social network I can get onboard with :)

So I assume there has been a facebook defection, presumably due to sales again?

I see Dave, Rich and Ross...anyone else from TTW?

Rich if you are down should be around then also. Let me know if you're up for it

richard meaghan said:

Yeah Will give everyone a shout when i know when im coming down. Maybe get a knock in.
As for the defectors only a few so far but i think we can get most on board.

Origmarm (Rob) said:

Rich if you are down should be around then also. Let me know if you're up for it

richard meaghan said:

Rob, Rich, Dave, others,

I'm liking the sound of this...

I confess that 1 influence when I started the original UKRHs & TBs on TT were those American 'chapters' and clubs on TT... and I always thought it was cool that these guys actually got to hit with each other, eat chicken wings together (don't ask!), share beers, etc. 

Anyhow, I think it would be really nice to actually meet up and leave the 'virtual world' and share a drink (and Dave, it doesn't have to be alcohol - I'm a complete 'coffee-head'!), get a bite to eat, have a chat, hit a few balls, or whatever everyone fancies doing)...

BTW, re tennis and the playing of it, I'm sure I'm complete pants compared to you league/tournament/whatever players, but I love playing with everyone and of all abilities - so...yes...

Time for a UKRHs convention! 

R.

Origmarm (Rob) said:

richard meaghan said:

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service