Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Views: 2401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to "grass hopper" on TW: "I got the 11.3 OZ version and hit with it, new "cortex" dampner on handle works much better than previous version, over all racquet still has same power but bigger sweet spot horizontally between (3 and 9).
the stability is much improved and the hollow sound when hitting balls is gone.
this one is a keeper."

By the way, the frame is predominantly black in color this year.

Is there a Rodick version released as well?  (More weight)

Tim,If you like the Wilson BLX 90 or 95 (red & black version) They have unused demo's for sale at Holabird Sports for 89.00. Great Deal!

I'm not really sure, but I would be interested in a Roddick version myself. I'd have to recheck that TW forum thread to see if there is. 

Wow, a BLX 90 for $89? Now, that's a deal! I'll tell my partners about it. That's their frame!

the Rodick version will be released ... his next major win..... HAHA

No, Babolat can't wait for that to happen. It'd never happen. lol

Originally Posted by DrewRafter8 View Post
 I have spent a good bit of time with the 2012 PD+ and will switch to it as soon as I can get my hands on a couple copies. I am an APDC+ user but have leaded mine to 338 grams. The new PD plays like you would expect but it has a different feel to it this time. It plays rock solid, like the original version and swirly. My hitting partner plays with the swirly and the new PD feels spot on with it. The stiffness of the PD from what I was told would be 71 or 73 unstrung. String it up and it's similar flex to my APDC's. The main difference between my APDC and the new PD is the solid feel. To me, APD's have always (yes, including GT) had a hollow feel to them but the results have been good, I've played my best tennis with the stick. However, this PD was too good to put down. Rock solid stick.... Just remember, this is the + that I've had my hands on.....

Here it is, Bobby! The new specs on the Roddick version, 2012.

New Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Specs

Head Size: 100 sq. in. / 645.16 sq. cm.
Length: 27in / 68.58cm
Strung Weight: 11.9oz / 337.36g
Balance: 5 pts HL
Swingweight: 328
Stiffness: 71
Beam Width: 23.5mm / 26mm / 23mm /
Composition: Graphite Tungsten
Power Level: Low-Medium
Stroke Style: Medium-Full
Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
Racquet Colors: Black/White/Blue/Red
Grip Type: Babolat Syntec
String Pattern: 16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T 8H
Two Pieces
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 55-65 pounds

Thanks Tim! 

The Roddick version looks good! I'll see if I can get a hold of a demo. I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy New Years!

Yeah, Babolat dropped the swingweight on it. Happy New Tennis Year, bro!

Is that the Roddick? Is that yours?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service