Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Hello. I have not had a rating in Years and need to get rated to play Some tournaments. I am 
In the south county area. Suggestions?

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What was your last rating? When was it? Have you gotten better or worse since then?
hmmm...last rating was 3.5 but more than 10 years ago. I still play well, but am 10 years older too! I just wasn't sure if one of the local "pros" would rate someone after hitting with them for a few minutes, or if I need to just dive in and start playing some local tournaments

I'd say save your money and not pay a pro to rate you, just use the guidelines the USTA has (assuming this is USTA).  The thing to remember is you can always rate lower and play higher, but not vice versa.  I'm not sure what the rules are on ratings on file that are 10 years old, you might not be able to go lower than 3.5, I'm not sure.

Rating at 3.0 would give you more flexibility, I wouldn't go lower than that.

I agree with Angie.  Self rate at 3.0 and you can always play up if you choose to.  Also you could contact some players here on Tennisopolis and go out and play some sets.  Just compare your game to theirs and you'll have a great idea of your NTRP.
Great advice! thanks Angie and Mark.
who did you beat?
Yeah, it really is as simple as that.  Or maybe, who did you lose to 6-4, 7-5.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service