Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

New Tech VS. Legacy ..... Old Man VS Young MAN..... DEREK D. VS COACHV Bronx Championships

in OCT this year The KING! of Pelham Bay Park in the Bronx Will be decided!

Come watch the Match at

Pelham Bay Park Monday Oct 8th 1 Middle town rd Bronx NY,

or RICE Stadium pelham bay PArk. bring seats. Cameras.

Derek David Bronx Tennis Society Coordinator Using "New Technology" from Head aka The HEAD Speed PRO Will be Facing

CoachV of CoachVtennis.com better Tennis Fast & Simple. Using Wood Racquets. "legacy"

Derek is 56

CoachV (dam) 35

Derek has a longer win Record over CoachV, (But he Cheated CoachV to do it!)

the Match will be Video Tape & Broadcast in OCTOBER.

Who do you think will WIN.

There is Also $100 prize money on the line!

there will be three camera views Lines People

Derek David

• Male
  • Bronx, NY
  • United States
I am a:
Tennis Fan, Tournament or League Player, Racquet Stringer
Random things about me (hobbies, occupation, tennis history, favorite band, etc.):
Tennis Fanatic (twice, I played 20 sets of singles in one day/ in 1980, I probably hit more tennis balls than anyone else on the planet)
Favorite pro tennis player(s):
Bjorn Borg, Raphael Nadal
My tennis skill (please check your NTRP if you know it):
NTRP 5.0, If tennis is on TV - I am watching
On the court, I am a:
rightie, poacher, doubles partner, singles player, rooter, serve-n-volleyer, acer, returner, two-hander, trash talker, top-spinner, all courter, sore loser, tournament goer
My favorite local courts:
Pelham Bay Park, Bronx
Relationship status:
Single
Favorite website:
http://youtube.com

CoachV - William Vazquez - CoachVtennis.com

I am a:
Tennis Fan, Tournament or League Player, Teaching Pro or Coach, Playing Pro, Racquet Stringer, Tennis Shop Owner, Tennis Club Manager, Tennis Media, Tennis Product Rep, Other
Neighborhood or other helpful location info:
Marietta, Vinings, Kennesaw, Atlanta, Smyrna, Cobb County,Sandy Springs, GA
Favorite pro tennis player(s):
Peter Korda, Michael Chang, Gustavo Kurtan, Federer, McEnroe, Agassi, nadal, Vince Spadea,Federer, Nadal, William Vazquez
My tennis skill (please check your NTRP if you know it):
Im a pro, Pretty damn good, NTRP 5.0, NTRP 5.5, NTRP 6.0, What is NTRP
On the court, I am a:
lefty, rightie, hacker, pusher, chip-n-charger, trixter, slicer, whaler, poacher, doubles partner, singles player, serve-n-volleyer, acer, returner, one-hander, cheater, gamer, choker, beginner, trash talker, top-spinner, lobber, moon baller, baseliner, all courter, drop-shotter, gracious winner, sore loser, gracious loser, cramper, heckler, tournament goer

The Video Might be up Come back to Check!!!! Also there is a Special handicap match very funny at 43:50

Views: 2388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So last year then! And the rules were set for two things, Derek's footspeed disadvantage and his backhand wrist injury? Sounds like you would win if you were allowed the whole court and every possible shot, Coach V. Might be close but the score suggests that.

Thats how i feel Tim....if i was allowed to play my Game the Match would go very different than what has happen in the pass. Also I don't really lose much from the wooden racquet except power on serve other than that my game is pretty much the same....but with the torn tendon it will make it more interesting since i will be losing more power on serve than normal power loss with the  wooden racquet.

Yeah, you're not a spin guy like me, so you definitely won't be losing much with a smaller head. Good luck with the elbow. Are you doing the Tommy John next year?

maybe. depends on work load.

I just found a New Weapon against derek! its a second Wilson JAck kramer Professional select ProStaff weight around 13.5 to 14oz Now i have 2 identical wood racquets! along with The Spalding Poncho Gonzales, tad davis imperial, and a coouple of other good playing woodies. Derek has no chance of Winning!

Go Todd Martin! lol

U also have just bought a head vilas with a open neck. Its already strung with Leona66 TOA . A LITTLE tight but playable.

When I played CoachV last year with that handicap, my movement was horrible because I had played very little because of my tennis elbow.  The proof of how much I have improved this year (because I'm injury free) is in my record against the other top players in my park. Last year I lost 6-2, 6-1 to the #1 player (Richie Wong).  I played him once this year about a month ago and I came away with a 1-6, 6-4 result.  The #4 player (John Lontoc) was up 10 sets to 5 by the end of last year.  As of today, I am up 37 to 19 (32 to 9 this year)!  The ultimate test will be the only A singles tournament of the year at my park, which will start Aug 7th.  This is a money tournament so I will be very prepared.  By the way, I run excellent tournaments that tennis enthusiasts all over the world should copy:   * only $10 entry fee   * must put up additional $10 "ducking bond" which you forfeit to your opponent if you do not complete any match for any reason.  You get the "ducking bond" back after you exit the tournament while completing your last match (win or lose).   * The people running the tournament (basically myself) make no profit (do it because they love tennis and competition).  Other than the cost of balls (new balls for the 3rd set!) all the entry fees go into the prize money pool.   * No stupid trophies which are a waste of money and take up precious space which could be occupied by another object with true utilitarian value.  Anyway, the best trophy (or proof that a player won) is the draw sheet which goes to the winner of the tournament.   * No scheduling problems because opponents schedule their matches with each other at the most convenient time.  The only downside is that a typical tournament takes 2 weeks to complete but the convenience in scheduling far outweighs the time it takes to complete the tournament.   * No favoritism; if my best friend (or even myself) shows up more than 15 minutes late for a match, they lose and forfeit their $10 'ducking bond".   * The draw is composed fairly and in public for anyone to witness.  CoachV played in a few of my tournaments when he was 18-22.  Without getting into details, let's just say that he could not handle the pressure of a tournament match at a young age.  I know CoachV is hoping he doesn't have flashbacks while playing me in the "Old Man/New Technology vs. Young Man/Antique Technology" tennis match this Fall.

Richie Wong  is Not anything or near my level. the Rest of the players i don't even remember. Yeah Derek OCD does ruin the Tennis Tournaments Everyone once in a while but they are Fairly organized and he makes them very interesting. There was a Year when Derek was not the ref ( but tournament director ) and from outside the court over-ruled a line call that was not even in question with the players. it took 5 days to get Derek to realize he was wrong. Me and a couple of other regulars AT MY PARK! try telling Derek what he did wrong but it took 5 days for him to admit it. the call didn't change the out come but he was completely wrong. i hope he knows with his aged eyesight that he should not be making line calls.

& um Pressure of a tournament match i could handle by the time Derek & i met. But i didn't have any shots so thats my story so im sticking to it.

I recently played a 56 year old at my club for old man practice. DEREK might Die in our match.

This Match might become a double Feature! the Arrogant and ignorant DR. DON R Mueller May be another old man victim to CoachV the Same day. right after Dereks Demise

I'd love to see that happen, Coach V! Give him a serve he can't handle.

HAHA i HAVE Exposed! DErek D. Here is a Real LIVE PIC of him from one of my SPIES of MY Courts!

do you think NOW that this OLD and feeble fanny packing man Can TAKE The MIGHTY COACH V

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service