Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

New Tech VS. Legacy ..... Old Man VS Young MAN..... DEREK D. VS COACHV Bronx Championships

in OCT this year The KING! of Pelham Bay Park in the Bronx Will be decided!

Come watch the Match at

Pelham Bay Park Monday Oct 8th 1 Middle town rd Bronx NY,

or RICE Stadium pelham bay PArk. bring seats. Cameras.

Derek David Bronx Tennis Society Coordinator Using "New Technology" from Head aka The HEAD Speed PRO Will be Facing

CoachV of CoachVtennis.com better Tennis Fast & Simple. Using Wood Racquets. "legacy"

Derek is 56

CoachV (dam) 35

Derek has a longer win Record over CoachV, (But he Cheated CoachV to do it!)

the Match will be Video Tape & Broadcast in OCTOBER.

Who do you think will WIN.

There is Also $100 prize money on the line!

there will be three camera views Lines People

Derek David

• Male
  • Bronx, NY
  • United States
I am a:
Tennis Fan, Tournament or League Player, Racquet Stringer
Random things about me (hobbies, occupation, tennis history, favorite band, etc.):
Tennis Fanatic (twice, I played 20 sets of singles in one day/ in 1980, I probably hit more tennis balls than anyone else on the planet)
Favorite pro tennis player(s):
Bjorn Borg, Raphael Nadal
My tennis skill (please check your NTRP if you know it):
NTRP 5.0, If tennis is on TV - I am watching
On the court, I am a:
rightie, poacher, doubles partner, singles player, rooter, serve-n-volleyer, acer, returner, two-hander, trash talker, top-spinner, all courter, sore loser, tournament goer
My favorite local courts:
Pelham Bay Park, Bronx
Relationship status:
Single
Favorite website:
http://youtube.com

CoachV - William Vazquez - CoachVtennis.com

I am a:
Tennis Fan, Tournament or League Player, Teaching Pro or Coach, Playing Pro, Racquet Stringer, Tennis Shop Owner, Tennis Club Manager, Tennis Media, Tennis Product Rep, Other
Neighborhood or other helpful location info:
Marietta, Vinings, Kennesaw, Atlanta, Smyrna, Cobb County,Sandy Springs, GA
Favorite pro tennis player(s):
Peter Korda, Michael Chang, Gustavo Kurtan, Federer, McEnroe, Agassi, nadal, Vince Spadea,Federer, Nadal, William Vazquez
My tennis skill (please check your NTRP if you know it):
Im a pro, Pretty damn good, NTRP 5.0, NTRP 5.5, NTRP 6.0, What is NTRP
On the court, I am a:
lefty, rightie, hacker, pusher, chip-n-charger, trixter, slicer, whaler, poacher, doubles partner, singles player, serve-n-volleyer, acer, returner, one-hander, cheater, gamer, choker, beginner, trash talker, top-spinner, lobber, moon baller, baseliner, all courter, drop-shotter, gracious winner, sore loser, gracious loser, cramper, heckler, tournament goer

The Video Might be up Come back to Check!!!! Also there is a Special handicap match very funny at 43:50

Views: 2388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's not a plan. Lemme ask the man himself. lol

here is Derek at post 100

HEY GUESS WHAT?! the Match will be Scheduled the first week of OCTOBER! I  CoachV Pelham BAy PARK Champion 2006 to 2008 will be in NYC Between OCT 4 to Oct 11 Derek and I Will have  our Match. So who want to Go?

Derek this is what you are up against!!!

Hey Guess What Tennis FANs looks like the Match of the Year will be OCT 9th or Oct 8th. Who Will WIN?

i played in the evening  under the lights with the woody today.....it took a bit longer than usually to get used to it.

First, Tim I take Schiff Move Free Glucosamine and YouTheory Collagen; both of which I buy at Costco. I can't be sure if they make my joints stronger but I definitely feel less pain (almost none). I do leg extensions in my house twice a week with a 20 lb. weighted boot on my foot. Second, did I mention that I won that A singles tournament and $100 (the draw is displayed above those 2 good pictures of me). There were six 5.0 players in that tournament. Third, CoachV was a 5.5 when he was 25. Now at 35 he is probably a 5.2 (with a midsize graphite strung with Polyester). With a 66 sq inch wood racket, I estimate, he is a 4.7. Against my 100 mph first serve and 80 mph Rafter/Edberg like kick second serve to his backhand, CoachV will be mishitting his return of serve more than the number of attempts it would take a blind man to thread a needle! Fourth, if CoachV tries any weird alternate strategy (moonball, dropshot, dink & lob, etc.), I believe I will be ready to counter because I have a complete game (no major weaknesses other than my footspeed). For CoachV to take advantage of my geriatric foot speed, he needs to hit powerful topspin angled groundstrokes alternating to my backhand then forehand. With my first-strike stategy, CoachV will be on the defense for most of this match. Simply put, CoachV with a wood racket can not perform offensively enough to beat an experienced, mentally tough, all-around player who knows how to strategically set up a point. Last, but not least, I will be preparing by playing about 3 sets of singles against other 5.0 players on most days. CoachV, because of his teaching obligations, will be bunting the ball up the middle to his students (2.0 - 4.0). I can smell the toasted marshmallows which CoachV has agreed to eat with me using most of his wood rackets as fuel, if he loses.

I love it! I am eagerly anticipating this match, looking forward to see the effect of your first and second serves. I myself ought to take those supplements because my years of cycling have made my knees less pliable. 

Yes, teaching tennis can really mess up one's game. I should know, having done three summer camps. Feeding balls is a real monotony.

I can already visualize the Rafter/Edberg kick to a woodie Coach V backhand. Maybe that's where the match result hangs.

We are DAYS away!

Here is the Main Racquet im gonna use. its strung at 40lbs i think its too tight.

Is that a blue paintjob?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service