Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/andy-murray-8217-food-obsession-1...

How do you become a Wimbledon tennis champion? It takes a lot of practice, talent, and skill, but it also takes a hefty and healthy diet. Andy Murray, Wimbledon's first British men's champion in 77 years, has divulged his food obsession and perhaps secret to his endurance: sushi. 

According to MSN Food, Murray reportedly consumes around 6,000 calories a day (the average male consumes about 2,500), and has been known to eat around 50 pieces of sushi in one sitting! Good thing intense tennis playing burns up to 700 calories an hour. The combination of protein and carbohydrates makes sushi perfect for athletic muscle recovery and blood sugar stability, and is apparently a common post-match food for many tennis players, including Serena Williams. When confessing his sushi adoration, Murray also noted that he eats sushi within one hour of training to maximize the food's benefits.

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've eaten 6 mackeral, 6 halibut, 6 salmon 4 philadelphia, 4 large spicy tuna hand seaweed rolls, 4 small tuna rolls and 3 chef's special rolls. All in one sitting: 33 rolls. Sushi gives me tons of energy. lol

Well, I'm off to the sushi bar then, as I just played 3 sets of intense doubles tennis, ha ha ha! 

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service