Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

So my favorite up and commer did not fair so well in Indian Wells and Miami. Though he is still earning points toward his ranking since he has nothing to defend from last year. What do you think of his performances in the two masters tournament?

He lost to Ryan Harrison at the BNP Paribas Open while losing to Devvarman at the Sony Ericsson Open. In both instances he played in the heat of the afternoon. I wonder if he has issues when playing under hot weather. I certainly hope that it is not the case since most of the tennis are being played in the sunny side of the day. ;-)

Do you think he has just hit a speed bump or coming down to reality since the two break through indoor events in February? Or was it injury? I remember that he needed treatment on lower back at Indian Wells. I certainly hope to see Milos continue to progress toward the top 20.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Update on July 5, 2011:

Current Ranking:  26

Mid year progress check for the man from up north.  ;-)  So Milos did not have a good clay court season and ended Wimbledon with an injury.  But he is still climbing up the ranking steadily.  The latest news is that he will not be playing the Davis Cup.  :-(  How long will he be out?  Now that the summer hard court season is around the corner.  Do you think that we are going to see a renewed charge up the ranking from Milos this summer?  I certainly hope so.

He's got a bad hip last I heard. It's always interesting to see a big serve and volleyer new on the scene causing trouble. 

I just took a look at his serve motion, since he had said Sampras was the man he copied. There are interesting differences, from the type of toss, to the stance and windup, but Raonic still achieves the basic circular backscratch position Sampras employs.

Bad news.  Raonic just had hip surgery and will be out for 6 weeks.  :-(

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service