Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

So my favorite up and commer did not fair so well in Indian Wells and Miami. Though he is still earning points toward his ranking since he has nothing to defend from last year. What do you think of his performances in the two masters tournament?

He lost to Ryan Harrison at the BNP Paribas Open while losing to Devvarman at the Sony Ericsson Open. In both instances he played in the heat of the afternoon. I wonder if he has issues when playing under hot weather. I certainly hope that it is not the case since most of the tennis are being played in the sunny side of the day. ;-)

Do you think he has just hit a speed bump or coming down to reality since the two break through indoor events in February? Or was it injury? I remember that he needed treatment on lower back at Indian Wells. I certainly hope to see Milos continue to progress toward the top 20.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know ryan harrison is my boy. My buddy at the club just took a set from his younger brother

had a chance to sit in during ryan's post match interview.  he's quite mature for an 18 years old.  very nice presence in front of the media.

I wonder if he just hasn't come back to earth.  He basically has lost to two of his peers.  Those that would be most familiar with his game.  He had nothing to surprise them with.  Perhaps there is some issue with conditioning and health. 

I think the competitive level of Mens tennis is such that if you dont play your best anyone can be beat.

I think Raonic has had a good run and maybe a bit of a letdown. I think it will be interesting to see how he does in Paris, I dont know how his game will translate to clay.

Haha not good?

I dont think so, hes a baseliner but a big hitter.

The guys who can grind it out usually win there, not too many aces or winners from the baseline im afraid.

Apparently hes been training on clay for the past years so who knows.

It should be interesting (the clay results).

But I think Milos the Missile is here to stay and will become a regular top 10 player for a while.  His serve is so big and smooth and he is so comfortable with it that he will win many easy games from this weapon.

Boy needs a haircut though.  Looks like Alfred E. Newman with those bangs.

I don't think Alfred is going to do so well on clay.  I think his game is more geared for the fast courts.  However, if he has been training on the dirt for a while, we may all be surprised.  I think he will get into the top 10 at some point, but not this year.
Milos does have a Spanish Coach, Galo Blanco & have been training in Spain.  I'm sure it includes lots of clay court time.
Might indeed be the case, but how is his endurance?  That would be the one question I would have.  His serve will be somewhat neutralized, as will his speed.  But the bigger issue on clay is endurance.
Milos to play Ernest Gulbis tomorrow (April 12th) @ Monte Carlo.  Should be entertaining.  Let's see how Milos does on clay.
Milos pulled it out.  Not a pounding, pretty routine, but he pulled it out. 

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service