Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Maria gave O. Puchkova, and M. Doi some tasty bagels this Aussie open, but is this a good thing?

I've been watching the open a lot, and have been listening to the announcers talk about Maria Sharapova. They talked about her scores from her last two matches, and how it may be a disadvantage going into her third round against V. Williams.

I can see their point, but I wonder if they were just saying these remarks to build up the match...?

What do you players think?

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with them that not being tested or pushed can leave your game a little dull.  She is going to hit a big step up in competition suddenly with V.  On the flip side, I would rather win with bagels than battle for 3 hours in long three setters.  I think Maria will be fine - V isn't the player she used to be and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I guess she rather win with bagels too. Haha She was playing well. Do you think she can keep it up, or do you think she will have a bad game with the next week and lose?

This is as sharp as I've seen Maria play since '08 Aussie Open. IMO she was returning almost as good as Serena does on Venus' first serve, no easy feat. She made 120+ look like second serves. I've never been a big fan of hers, but I had to admit she layed an excellent match against V.

Dang Maria has  69 games under her belt and has only given up 9 games. It's like a 10 to 1 ratio, Imagine playing someone on fire like that; that would be fun... or frustrating, haha go Maria!!

bad math. like a 6 to 1 ratio. haha

More than 7.6 to 1... awesome!

Haha i didn't want to go that far haha.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service