Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Looking to hit after work on weekdays after 6:30, or hit Saturday morning, 3.5-ish

San Leandro, Alameda, Oakland......

Players that get too worked up or serious during playing, need not respond.

It's just a game, and we ain't gettin' paid for playing, right?

Views: 790

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Mike!

Hope you had a great weekend! Wed or Thur this week at Lake Merritt would work. I've just begun to play again, however, and am not into playing sets (yet) -- just rallying. Also, I think I'm a 3.0...and am really just beginning to get back into my game.

Best,

Nhien

Hi Nhien,

Weekend went by too fast, hope you had a good one too.  Would you like to hit on Wed?  Which courts do you play at Lake Merritt?  The only ones I know near there are the two courts near Merritt Restaurant, are they called Athol?  Rallying is fine, it's just fun to hit with different people.  Let me know. 

Thanks,

Mike 

me and Nhien actually played on Athol on Saturday. There were only 2 courts there and are not really maintained.You mentioned on the other thread that there's a place at 143rd st that has 4 courts? 

Also, you mentioned that you can hit on Tuesday. Is it ok for you to play 2 days in a row? Do you think it's better for 3 of us just to go together on Wednesday?

I'm ok either way :)

Hey Ivan,

I'm ok playing back-to-back nights.  I can just hit for about an hour each night, so I should be ok.

Thanks,

Mike

alright, let's stick with our original plan then... I'll confirm to your email.. thanks.

Hey Mike,

I do have a concern about location if you can only play for about an hour...there is sometimes a wait at Lake Merritt. It's somewhat unpredictable.. I wonder if Laney courts are available at that hour? I don't know this area that well yet. Do you have any suggestions? Also, my schedule is a bit flexible and so if you need and are able to start at 6pm, I could do that to leave room for wait time.

Cheers,

Nhien

Hi Nhien,

There are also 4 courts at San Antonio Park, located at Foothill Blvd & 18th Ave.  It's about a mile from Lake Merritt.  I haven't played there before, but we may have a better chance of getting a court there.  I can meet you there if that's ok with you, let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike,

That sounds like a good option. Let's plan on it! Wednesday at 630pm. :)

Nhien

Hi Nhien,

See you at the San Antonio courts this Wed. at 6:30.  If you need to reach me, pls send to my email, mikefong81@hotmail.com

Thx,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Kind of last minute, but is there any chance you're free to play tonight? I've gone out a few times to hit with Nhien, and she said I should get in touch with you. She and I are about the same level (though she might be a tad more consistent than me.)

I had a court reserved at Davie for tonight, which is right off Lakeshore near Lake Merritt. Sadly, my hitting partner can't make it after all.

Hope to hear from you.

--David

Hi David,

I got your message a little late.  I'm going to hit the next two nights and do a couple of runs, so this week might not work out for me.  I'll be in touch, next week may be better.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey David,
Let me know if you're available to hit Mon. or Tues. night around 6:30 or so. You can email me at mikefong81@Hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Mike

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service