Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Recognize these names, Frederico Gil, Marco Chiudinelli, Benjamin Mitchell? What about these  players, Gilles Simon, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic?

These are just a few players John Isner has successfully defeated this 2012 season. The 6'9, 245lb pound Goliath has show that David's odds or not looking to great this year. WIth a record of 17-6, and four of those coming off of clay. Johns victory over Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and going five sets with Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros last year, one has to think that John is the leading Dark Horse going into the French open.

Views: 1224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dark horse has a bruised knee.

I see what happen, bummer. He will be back to lead the americans again, I hope.

Isner, who spent 18 weeks in the top 10 before finishing last year at No. 14, injured his knee at the Hopman Cup in Perth last week and had to withdraw from the international mixed team competition.

He tried playing at the Sydney International, where he was seeded No. 1, but lost to fellow American Ryan

Harrison in straight sets in 71 minutes on Wednesday.

"I have been feeling some discomfort in my knee and have recently learned that I have a bone bruise," Isner said in a statement released by Australian Open organizers on Thursday. "Doctors have told me that continuing to play on the knee could result in a more serious injury."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/20130109/isner-drops-o...

And so it begins.......the demise of the American "dark horse".  The Knees go, and then so does the confidence.  So much for the French Open this year.  He would definitely need to have healthy knees to compete there.  He is soft, and not built for best of 5 with grinders.  He is a serve and a strike first player, and if he is at all off, well, then he doesn't win.  Pretty obvious.  I mean look, he lost to Ryan Harrison in straight sets on a neutral playing field in 71 mins.  That is one he totally should have won, bruised knee or not.

Man that's harsh. I can't agree with you on that.. Going through something pretty similar (bruised my shin about an inch below my knee on new years night.. all the way to the bone.) it's pretty much impossible to play tennis and it's been over 4 weeks. I'm not at all surprised that Isner lost to Harrison.

and by your logic Nadal is going to suffer the same fate, correct? remember his knees are hurt too.

Truth be told, both Nadal and Isner will likely have their best grand slam results of 2013 at the French because clay is WAY easier on your body than hard courts. Grass is easier on the body too, but neither of them play their best tennis on grass.

Just my opinion though :P

That's why I feel nadal didn't play the Aussie, even though he had a bug, he didn't want to waste his knees. Saving them for that clay.

Totally agree, which is why his comeback is by virtue of playing what?  Clay tournaments.  He is easing his way back, and doing the correct way.  Meanwhile, Isner will be playing on hard courts for Davis Cup.  Don't be surprised if he has to take another extended break afterwards to rehab the knees again. 

looks like he's just fine. typical close match for big john lol

And then he loses on the hard courts.  What is up with him.  He can't seem to beat the guys he is supposed to beat consistently at the moment.  Thank goodness Querry won both of his matches.

John i coming back the 7th right? Or did he play before that?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service