Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Recognize these names, Frederico Gil, Marco Chiudinelli, Benjamin Mitchell? What about these  players, Gilles Simon, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic?

These are just a few players John Isner has successfully defeated this 2012 season. The 6'9, 245lb pound Goliath has show that David's odds or not looking to great this year. WIth a record of 17-6, and four of those coming off of clay. Johns victory over Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and going five sets with Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros last year, one has to think that John is the leading Dark Horse going into the French open.

Views: 1224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol sorry tim.. i can barely afford to buy myself tennis balls at the moment. it'll be interesting to see who's right anyway. and wouldnt bad bounces affect isner too? fed always has an excuse for losing.

I would take that bet tim, but I'm on your side. How about another bet for the french?

Haha! Bryan, I'm gonna set aside a tennis ball fund for you. Yeah, I know Fed's excuse is kinda lame but just thought I'd let you in on the lameness.

Hmm, Kyle. You wanna bet on the women's side?

Ok, since I have a couple of cases of balls, I will donate to the winner, Bryan or Tim, I only have Dunlop Grand Prix's right now and a couple of USPTA marathon.

Ah, super swell!!! Well, just send them my way. Just kidding. Well, the bet is on. The fate of the tennis balls is in the hands of no other than John Isner, aka "Izzy"!

What's the bet? WIll John reach the 4th round?  I want him to, but that's as far as I see him going unless he gets a weak goal. 

i bet they are going to start changing how much he plays like they do with Rafa.  He's getting to good to play every tourny. His matches are longer now.  I would like to get into this bet, but I don't know the bet.

The bet is that I get the case of balls if Isner loses in the first, second or third round. Bryan Tuck gets the case of balls if Isner gets into the quarters, semi, or finals. I guess you get the case of balls if Isner gets into the fourth round and ends there. lol

John Isner loses to Marin Cilic in the second round (first match). I'm glad you didn't take that bet Bryan.

Final score 7-6(4), 7-6(3)

Note: Being as tall as Cilic is, I thought he'd have a better serve.

Lost in the first round to Cilic on blue clay! Not looking good for our bet, Bryan Tuck!

The bet is still on, Chin! Hal Wagner donated a case of balls. The bet is as follows: if Izzy loses in the first, second or third round, I win the balls. If he loses in the fourth round, Kyle gets the balls. And If Izzy gets to the quarters, semi or finals, Bryan gets the balls!

For what tourney again? I forgot when this bet started.

For the French Open. lol

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service