Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

It has been speculated long ago that Rafa's body could not handle the type of game he plays. His performance (loss to Dodig first round at Montreal, and getting blasted by Fish this week) over the last couple of weeks might be an indication of the wear and tear finally taking its toll. Any one else think he will be out of the top 3 as early as 2013?

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, I think he will be in the top 3 unless Berdych, Murray or Soderling do something different. His game has always been based on hitting 55 or more degrees up on the ball, rather than 25-30-45 degrees. The high margin or error may set him up to get blasted in a three setter, but trust me, the higher margin of error pays itself in the long run.

It is just like the vaunted Sampras serve. He could hit more and more spin reliably on his second serve and in the long run, would wear down the returner. The Nadal forehand will keep him there in the top 3 unless Berdych and Soderling becomes more consistent or Murray gets more finishing capability.

Robin's having trouble staying healthy. Berdych has his ups and downs and Murray is, well, Murray. It is not his groundstrokes that concern me but his overall health. His tenacity and the way he scraps for every point does not help. His knees gave out on him with tendinitis and then he gets burned while trying to eat? Those have got to hurt!!!

So how did he get burned this badly?  Was he at Bennyhana and laid his palm on the grill???

Here's the link to the original story...

The story reads that he grabbed one of those plates that just came off of the grill. It's very tempting to lyse those blisters. Good thing it got his right hand but his serve and backhand probably did not feel too comfortable.

I read somewhere that Nadal's favorite food to eat is sushi. Well, that'll teach him. Those blisters sure are puffy!
Seems risky for a tennis player to be eating a lot of sushi. hmmm maybe that explains why he keeps grabbing his pants? lolz
ugh, tell me about it. I love sushi myself but I got sick from it the last time I had it.
Love sushi but can't afford to have it too often. :(  Can you get Rafa to take us out?
Wish I knew Rafa personally, but the better chance is to become a Japanese chef or golfer to do so. ;)
Chin, if he does not go after those balls, he's not Nadal anymore. Besides, he needs whatever points he can get. His returning ability is said by many commentators to be not that good, so I would say, keep up the tenacity. You have one time in the limelight, and he might as well be running. ;)
I dont think he is slipping but we are currently seeing some players step up and take it to a new level. Nadal will continue to play well because the fight is there!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service