Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Hey everyone,

I'm just getting back into playing and have no idea how technology has changed since 1991 -- when I was last in the game.

I vaguely recall that I had an oversized Head racquet that was super light and with a bit of bounce (could be that was simply a matter of lower string tension), back in the day. In about 1990, the racquet cost around $180-230. I hear that things are a lot cheaper now (I hope?) I'm female, petite (so I could probably use a bit of power). I lettered in high school and have some basic ability but it really has been a loooooong time. I'm not THAT serious, not at all looking to compete or anything like that. Just wanting something that fits me properly -- something to support my game (any edge I could get now would be great!). :) 

Notably, I played recently and borrowed an old racket, which was ... fine, but a bit heavy for me. As I get more excited about playing more regularly, I'm very curious what folks recommend -- and why.

Thanks in advance!

Nhien

Views: 705

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice!

what pros are using 110 square inch racquets?

Which Racquet did you get? if you didnt get one Try the 2012 Wilson line up They have racquets for everyone!

i'd steer you to the prince line but again it's a matter of preference and price. most pro shops have a demo program .right now would be a great time to buy since the 2012's are coming out. like i said i agree with most of the replies. spend a few dollars demoing. it's better to lose a few dollars trying it out than invest money into something you might ending up not liking.

it never hurts to ask. there is no such thing as a stupid question.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service