Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Am I the only one who hates Nadal?

Views: 1807

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are correct, if he didn't exixt Federer would have passed up Sampras by now. But if you are a tennis player yourself you would understand federer's mantality. They asked him who he'd rather play, and who did he say "NADAL" why, because he knows that will mean something, that he has to beat Nadal. It's like you being a 4.5 level player and playing at 4.0, sure you may win alot but they're not real wins, play a 5.0 and beat him you've accomplished something. I love Federer also, I just think that Nadal has him figured out. I think if Federer had a two handed backhand things might be different, as you see that is why Nadal goes there. Taking a high bouncing ball on that side is tough on any one handed guy but not on a two handed guy. I have a double handed backhand and I love the ball up high, get some of my best shots there.
Markdavin Obenza said:
I agree. Federer needs to go for broke on his break chances, since he already has an awful break chances stats and he needs to get that first serve in. Nadal is just crazy he can get to everything and get it in. Nadal's game against Federer is very simple - nail it to his backhand. Federer's backhand not only is vulnerable, but is inconsistent and draws unforced errors. I agree, time for Federer to get a double handed fierce backhand.

I think that's why Murray and Tsonga have had some success with Nadal. They are pretty good on both wings.
I'm home with the flu and watching that match, only saw the first two sets so far but it is very obvious that Nadal has extreme power and direction from both sides, he can hit those sick angles almost anytime he wants to. Nadal is an example of dictating points, ya he's doing some running himself, but his opponent is doing more. Federer is a classy tennis player and very good for the game, I just think unless he's injured or has a bad day Nadal will be a thorn in his side for the rest of his days. He cannot dictate anything from that topspin on his backhand side and Nadal knows it, not only is he a good striker but a smart one too. He plays for money and a career, I play for fun. I never do that to my opponent, if they are week on one side I try to do the opposite so we can have some good ralleys. I actually started with a 4 3/8 grip and now I'm down to 4 1/8, now I see how he generates all that top spin, I love it. I also picked up some speed on my serve. What level player are you?
yes you are.
Kashif said:
yes you are.
yes I am what?
I will only like nadal if he can win all four. But, in my Teaching career he has helped me out by proving "there is no right or wrong way to play tennis".
I'm sorry but Nadal was ripe for the picking in that final. It did not seem like Classic Fed and Nadal. Rafa was hitting crazy winners with his backhand as if he knew a go-for-broke gameplan was the only way he could beat Fed. At one point Rafa had a 100% serve percentage into Fed backhand on lollipop 2nd serves to the ad court. Roger didn't step around and lace a DTL FH until the 5th set. Fed does not have to go to drastic measures to beat Nadal, such as a 2H bh but he does need to make adjustments and add more desparation go for boke type shots especially on the FH side. That's why Blake has had success against Nadal. Roger is stubborn and his game has dominated the field for so long, I think he wants to prove that he can beat Rafa without changing a thing. Nadal has been improving and changing his game now Fed must do likewise or face the possibility of never tying and passing Sampras. I think Roger knew Nadal was in a perfect position to be beaten and he leat a prime oppurtunity get away. That may have helped prompt the tears at the trophy presentation, along with the adoration of the fans, and the lineup of legends.
Don said:
I'm home with the flu and watching that match, only saw the first two sets so far but it is very obvious that Nadal has extreme power and direction from both sides, he can hit those sick angles almost anytime he wants to. Nadal is an example of dictating points, ya he's doing some running himself, but his opponent is doing more. Federer is a classy tennis player and very good for the game, I just think unless he's injured or has a bad day Nadal will be a thorn in his side for the rest of his days. He cannot dictate anything from that topspin on his backhand side and Nadal knows it, not only is he a good striker but a smart one too. He plays for money and a career, I play for fun. I never do that to my opponent, if they are week on one side I try to do the opposite so we can have some good ralleys. I actually started with a 4 3/8 grip and now I'm down to 4 1/8, now I see how he generates all that top spin, I love it. I also picked up some speed on my serve. What level player are you?
I hate Nadal too
CoachV - William Vazquez said:
I will only like nadal if he can win all four. But, in my Teaching career he has helped me out by proving "there is no right or wrong way to play tennis".
CoachV - William Vazquez said:
lets see Rafa plays lefty like me, He hits a ton of topspin like me, he uses nylon strings like me. He kicks the ball high to Rogers backhand and Roger can"t handle it because he has the eastern backhand grip, which is why Roger can"t beat him, and Rafa never quits, I rather like the guy.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service