Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Am I the only one who hates Nadal?

Views: 1807

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes you are. If you are a true tennis fan and also a player how can you possibly hate the guy? You hate him personally or his game or both? If you don't like him as a person then that's up to you, but how could you not appreciate his game? If it's someone else you like, that is fine too, but obviously it isn't someone much better since Nadal is beating everyone.
I can't hate Nadal, he and Federer have pushed the game to new levels. I'm glad Nadal earned his way to the top and is finally in the # 1 spot. He is the counterbalance to Federer... He's a little quirky, but hey Nadal's got a solid game. As much as I like Roger, without Nadal, players wouldn't progress as fast. It's not often to get two superstar players battling for 1st place... They are very interesting to watch.
John V. said:
I can't hate Nadal, he and Federer have pushed the game to new levels. I'm glad Nadal earned his way to the top and is finally in the # 1 spot. He is the counterbalance to Federer... He's a little quirky, but hey Nadal's got a solid game. As much as I like Roger, without Nadal, players wouldn't progress as fast. It's not often to get two superstar players battling for 1st place... They are very interesting to watch.
Very well said, Federer is great and nobody can say he isn't, not if they know tennis anyway. Who in tennis doesn't want to see that match up, it doesn't get much better then that. Everyone loved to see Agassi vs Sampras and the great tennis they played, no different really. Even if you watched Agassi, great player but cocky in a way, the way he would just drop the extra ball instead of throwing it back toward the ball boy so he had to come out and get it, like he's better then him or something. The snotty way he would treat them when he was mad, they would try to get the ball rolling and he'd say "I GOT IT, I GOT IT in a very snotty tone. Most people might not even notice this, I did. Did I like his game, "YES" did I care for him personally "NO" If Nadal has some quirks about him, then they are personal things that individual's just don't like, maybe his snarl, picking his butt, whatever, he's a great tennis player. Is Federer more classy? Maybe. Is he also a great tennis player, yes he is. So if anyone on here is going to talk tennis and the game, then it shouldn't matter if the guy has purple hair and two teeth and wears the funniest clothes on the tennis court, tennis and skill are the facts here.
I agree with you Mark. I didn't really like Rafa's game during the beginning of his career. But now that he has become more offensive, he's grown on me. I like him a lot. He's an incredible athlete, incredibly talented and incredibly humble.

Mark wrote:

"Maybe.
In the beginning, I didn't like him so much. But he has won me over and now I think he is one of the most fascinating and humble players on tour."
ThePoet said:
I agree with you Mark. I didn't really like Rafa's game during the beginning of his career. But now that he has become more offensive, he's grown on me. I like him a lot. He's an incredible athlete, incredibly talented and incredibly humble.

Mark wrote:

"Maybe.
In the beginning, I didn't like him so much. But he has won me over and now I think he is one of the most fascinating and humble players on tour."
Why do you hate him so much? He is a super competitive guy who gives 100% every time. I think he has been a breath of fresh air for tennis because Federer looked like he was going to take every title that he played for. I think the matches between Federer and Nadal have been classic with Wimbledon standing out and Australia a close second. There is no doubt the excitement they bring when they are paired together in a final and for that then we have no reason to hate. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the game.
I have to be honest, I like his style of play and I actually think he is quite humble even if you can't tell at once.
But since I am a huge Federer fan and have alot of friends who are Nadal fans, I always go for Fed.
But hating Nadal is just silly.
Well he isnt my favorite but you have to respect him. Not many people can just pop up out of the Juniors and just start winning majors. I mean he is denying roger federer his 14th title.. maybe federer wont get this title if nadal has something to say about it. They have held the top two rankings on the ATP Tour since July 2005. Federer was ranked No. 1 for a record 237 consecutive weeks beginning in February 2004. Nadal, who is five years younger, ascended to No. 2 in July 2005 and held this spot for a record 160 consecutive weeks before surpassing Federer in August 2008, so of course if your a Federer fan your going to hate Nadal. But personally... I think Federer wont get his No. 1 ranking back.. for more than 4 weeks he may pass sampras but nadal wont let him have that No. 1 ranking.
I like him, but he had to grow on me first
I personally think people need to keep personal issues out of their opinions about tennis. Are we going to discuss who we like as people or who are great tennis players. This is a tennis site not a dating site. Who cares if they smile, put their hair behind their ears when it isn't even covering their ears, or bouncing the ball a thousand times before they serve. When all that is done and they're in a ralley, and all the awsome shots are being hit, isn't that what we as tennis player really want to see and care about "GREAT TENNIS" not weather someone has bad habits or not?
I don't know how anyone could hate Nadal. He could possibly become the greatest left hander to ever play the game, assuming he lasts as long as Laver did. He's incredibly talented, hardworking, a fierce competitor, friendly and humble. He's also a very handsome young man with a lot of style. He's a tremendous credit to the game of tennis. What's not to like?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service