Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

My doubles partner Jeff Shin, and my boy Jordan Boyles had to come back from 1-5 in a true third set tiebreak to beat rio for the second time! They were playing Todd Stanley (director at rio) and brian martinez (my director at natomas)

My team is off to a good start (3-0) and we beat the other good team twice now. I know the usta likes to see scores but if we sweep rio we wont play the local playoff.

We only play 1 singles match and 2 doubles so all the scores are close.

http://www.ustanorcal.com/teaminfo.asp?id=44194

I know Mike has been winning alot, I hope that is helping your team!

Views: 412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

says on national site 3 matches all matches through sectionals, no defaults
Im pretty sure you have to play districts to play sections but not sections to play nationals
Who has a match this weekend?

I am 2-0 and have a match friday. I did doubles drills on both sides today. tuesday I played 3 sets on the deuce ct. I never ever would play deuce in an open setting but I guess my partner this weekend doesn't play deuce either. (He is a lefty too) Someone is going to have to. My usual doubles partner is nursing his elbow but at least I didn't get stuck playing singles again =)
I am 3-0 now. The team is 6-0
nice, playoffs here you come
If we sweep the #2 team 3-0 we should not have to play a playoff. What if the less talented team were to sneak one out and be 1-3 against us? Should they advance? That's bs

from your league,

Your flight has a two team playoff. The home team must notify the away team of the date and time of the playoff match by 7/8. The designated playoff weekend is 7/15-17. Captains may agree to play earlier, but not later.

yeah if they catch you guys on an off day and win playoff that would suck

My team is 6-0 and leading the field too.  I won a big match this week, beating some solid 4.5 players and clinching it for the team - great feeling.  I'm now 3-1 at the 4.5 level this year.  I think they may keep me around.
Thats awesome
Mark- have you ever played any postseason league matches? Where do they hold your districts/sections?
I had my first individual loss last night. The team still won.

I went undefeated untill the finals of sections last year =/

Maybe this will keep me 5.0 next year?
Damn, good try man. He must have been REALLY good! I had my 18-0 winning streak broken a couple of weeks ago too. I lost in the finals at the Bay-O-Vista against a very good defensive player. all good things must come to an end I guess huh. About staying at 5.0....I think that's just wishful thinking! LoL. Do you have access to the dynamic rating system??

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service