Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

How Federer and Nadal can take the number 1 ranking at Wimbledon!

Federer can retake No. 1 if he wins the Wimbledon title and Djokovic does not advance beyond the semi-finals. It has been more than two years (Roland Garros 2009) since Federer last held top dog status on the ATP World Tour.

Nadal, who ceded the No. 1 ranking to Djokovic when he lost the Wimbledon final last year, can reclaim top spot if he wins The Championships for a third time and the Serb does not go beyond the quarter-finals.

The table below shows how many South African Airways ATP Rankings points each player will have after Wimbledon 2012 based on which round he reaches.

WIN
FINAL
SF
QF
Djokovic
Nadal
Federer
Murray

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/06/Features/Federer-In...

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the numbers.... always good to be informed with data.

But is it going to happen? I don't think so (Nole is Win in my silly picks ;);)

I don't know. I got a sneaky feeling Nole is gonna lose in an upset. I haven't been pleased with his ball placement and I think he will pay dearly for all the neutral balls he's been hitting, especially on grass.

I would bet a 6-pack but shipping charges would make that a really stupid idea.

Let's just go with a virtual victory dance: Lala! Lala!

Alright, the one that loses the bet does the dance? =P

The one that wins does the victory dance. Lalala! Lalala! It's a boasting, gloaty kinda dance. 

You could always video your victory dance and put it on this site for the rest of us to enjoy as well.  I also don't see Djoko defending his title.  He seems too distracted and is definitely not playing at the same level he was last year.  Plus he has openly admitted his two biggest goals this year was to win the French and to win the Olympics.  It is like he is totally willing to let Wimby and the U.S. Open slip by.  Weird.

I also don't think Fed will win.  What I invision is that Rafa wins, beats Fed who beats Djoko in the Semi's.  So the top 3 are all clustered within 725 pts, with U.S. and Olympics to decide who ends year at #1.  Makes for very compelling rest of the season.

All very possible. My victory dance and Rafa winning. We shall see. :)

Tim, can you dance for me when I win?

Kevin, you dance if you win. If you can. lol

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service