Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

How do you rate Soderling's chances to lift the Aussie Trophy this year..?

I think he's playing some of the best tennis of his life right now , plus he's starting to mix in the one handed slice and taking some of the pressure off his two-hander much more often now, not to mention doing something which he never does...venturing to the net a couple of times !

Views: 128

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He has a very good chance, if he keeps consistent. He's second or third on my list. Fed, then Nadal, then Sod.
I sure hope for men's tennis he gets it ! ;-) Men's gets even more fun that way , don't you think ? :)
Soderling has the audacity to do it. Not like Murray or Djoko who both seem to have reasons not to take it all the way.

Yes, I think right now we need another grand slam winner to emerge.

It will be tough for it to be Sod this time.  He'll have to beat Murray, Fed and Nadal in all likelyhood.  Too big of an ask for anyone.  I think the most likely victors are these in this order:

Nadal

Fed

Djoker

Sod

Murray

Raonic (just for fun!) - They're all calling him a future top 10 player!

I sure hope for the sake of the much underrated canadian tennis raonic manages it ! :)

I haven't seen too much of him yet this tournament. He's one of my favs for sure though. He's got Tsonga in the 4th round if things work out right. But I think He'll take Tsonga out in the 4th. Looking forward to either Soderling v Murray or Soderling v Baghdatis in the QF from the 2nd quarter. I think Bag can take the #5 down.

cheers

I can't pick Baghdatis to beat Soderling. I think he's going to be overpowered. Murray has a good chance because he is a retriever.
me neither
Yeah, the Sod v Murray match was one of the hardest to pick in the draw.  makes sense: 4 v 5 seed.  I picked Sod but will be rooting for Andy.
Agree Tim . Soderling has the audacity to do it. Bags is a great player, but he isn't beating Soderling anytime soon. Murray still doesn't have the super zippy forehand other players have. Defensive turtle shell a big minus. This draw is exciting !
Sod will do what Sod does.......q/f or semi at best. He Cant get thro Murray and nadal. Personally i think he may struggle against the consistency of youzhny last 16 i think...??
I think Soderling has a good chance to beat Murray. It's who serves better who will win.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service