Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

OK, I got inspired by the joy of tennis abundant in these postings (and those who responded to my post looking for a hitting partner).  I lost my zest for competitive tennis long ago, but still enjoy getting out there.  I used to give free weekend lessons to friends as an excuse to get together, get outside, and get some sun (this was sometimes rare in DC).  So I'm new to this place but am thinking about offering weekly group lessons again to those interested -- totally free (no jerseys to buy, no prostelytizing, and no registration fees).  I competed as a ranked junior out of Southern Cal, played tournaments in Australia and Europe (kinda got my butt kicked on clay), regularly taught a weekend clinic in San Diego as a favor to a friend (even teaching at his high falootin' La Costa Resort clinic where they hold the Acura tourney), and coached high school tennis.  While I do not make a living as a professional tennis coach (and I have no clue who can), I do enjoy getting out there and helping people improve their game and get some exercise.  So, if you're interested in getting a group together for a clinic, let me know.  It would probably be for at most 8 intermediate and above players and would likely be on Sat morning at around 9 for an hour and a half or so.  And it would be a bonus if someone has courts at their complex which they can reserve for the group.  Just throwing that out there. Oh, and all the standard injury/sports participation waivers apply - I am a lawyer after all. 

Views: 359

Replies to This Discussion

give me a shout 954-515-9348

elena v said:
hi paul!
i'm giving you a heads up. i love the game but i'm not really good at it, but I'm willing to learn!
If still interested, let me know what schedule will work for you.

paul leon smith said:
I'm in Pompano and love the game, lets play

elena v said:
Hi! I am very interested in your free lessons.
I just joined the page and the group. This adv is a little old. Wondering if you are teaching already.
Please email me to: elena_v62@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Elena V.
He elena, yes that sounds good do you know of any courts by you?

elena v said:
Hi Thomas,

I'm interested! I live in Plantation so we are not far from eachother. Let me know!

Thomas Morales said:
Lets get together and play some tennis anyone interested?
My apologies to all. A few group sessions occured a while back to much fanfare, but a combination of work travel, moving to Ft. Lauderdale, and a bad judo/jujitsu training session took me (and my back) out for a while. So, now that I am back up and moving, we want to start the classes again just for the fun and exercise. The issue is still location. We've played at the Everett Tennis Center at Holiday Park but they charge $5 a person ($7.50 for nonresidents). And I don't think anyone should have to pay to play. I've tried public courts on Andrews and 7th but there are no dividing fences so balls tend to roll into other courts. So I intend to start the group lessons again at 9:30 (lasting appx 2 hrs) on Saturday mornings with the place TBD. If anyone is in or close to Fort Lauderdale and has courts at their place or knows of free public courts with dividing fences, let me know. Otherwise, it may have to be Holiday Park (which does have ball machine rentals which is a great training tool at a modest fee). Let me know if you are interested. Rather than email the whole group (and folks getting messages on their private emails), just send me a message at my yahoo account -- jhh1999@yahoo.com. Please, no spam. I plan to start again in one week with the group maxed out at 8 players intermediate and above.
Nope. I'm not sure though if there are tennis courts at Central Park. Let me find that out...

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:
Hi Thomas,

I'm interested! I live in Plantation so we are not far from eachother. Let me know!

Thomas Morales said:
Hey. I played as a junior too.
Both my sister and I can do Saturdays, if you are still doing it?
Sounds like fun. It would also be nice to meet some other playes from the area.
If you need an extra for doubles let me know. Not sure of my ranking now but, I can hold my own.
Ok, I think they do. Let me know if you want to get together and play.

elena v said:
Nope. I'm not sure though if there are tennis courts at Central Park. Let me find that out...

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morales said:
How your schedule looks for next week?

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morales said:
Im free Thursday, do you want to meet at Central park around 5 or 6?

elena v said:

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morales said:
ok sounds good! what about six 'cause I have classes 'till 4?

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morales said:
Ok sounds good I will meet you there at 6.

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:

Thomas Morales said:

elena v said:
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morales said:

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service