Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I strung it at 57 and found I had to swing hard to get it to perform. Lots of spin but very underpowered at that tension. But overnight, the stringbed must've loosened to 50 lbs and now it really performs and shines. I then fed balls to kids at the summer camp the next morning. I marvelled at how good a grab it got on the balls, even though the balls were mostly flat and dead. Lots of feel and the power now feels about right.

Views: 446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, nice string, I found it a pain to string, but has nice playable characteristics.

The more I serve hard, the softer it gets. Notches very easily. Yeah, the last three crosses were a pain to keep from twisting even more.

For sure the get a nice twisted pattern, hard to avoid unless you take your sweet time. I don't need too much more spin, so prefer faster string job on my sticks. I've heard good things about Volkl cyclone, going to try that instead of RPM, with my Volkl poly fibre crosses.

Cyclone loses tension rapidly. It is much more brittle and plasticky, esp. at 16 gauge. But it will do well if you hybrid it with Poly fiber.

I heard of this, I need to try it. Have you tried the black widow? That grabs well.

I want to try Black Widow next. They didn't have it at the Racquet Doctor. 

Yeah you should give it a try. I'm using the RPM for singles and Prince Hybrid Power EXP 17/16, that works well for control and angles.

Hybrid Power EXP, hmm...

I've heard this string doesn't hold tension very well...and in your case it seems to hold true. I have a set of these strings and I'm probably going to string it a few lbs higher in anticipation of the tension drop.

How did the tension hold up after the initial tension drop? Did it hold then or just keep on dropping?

-Jon

My suspicion is that the more ridges put on a string, tension loss is amplified due to uneven surface area. Barb Wire was no exception. But I did feel that once that initial tension loss was done with, it leveled out to where I liked it, then lost more on its last legs as the notches got deeper. 

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service