Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Could this be the year of a Men's grand Slam? After taking out Fed and Murray at the AO, Fed in Dubai, and Fed & Nadal in IW, can Nole take out the King of Clay in RG? Will he be able take the big W and finish it out at flushing? As of this writing I can see no evidence to the contrary.

Views: 472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But if he does come through, there is no doubt that he should be the #1 in the world.

Though, I am with you on this one. I don't think he can sustain the performance that he displayed this year. This all goes to show how amazing the Fed was during his dominating years, that he was able to stay free of serious injuries.
Right there with you on that one.  However, due to Djoko's ability on hard courts, it wouldn't really surprise me if this summer he over takes Nadal for the #1 spot.  I don't think he will do anything on grass, but get back on the hc and he is just beasting it out.  Now the bigger issue, becomes next year and his defense of all these points.  I think he will have a tremendously hard time doing that.
Nole is the man!
Nole just took out the Argentine Tower. Gaquet and then the Motanes Fognini winner (victim) up next for Novak. Nadal better get his act together or there will be a new king of Paris!

I know its early to drag this one out of the mothballs but Nole only needs RG for a Djoker Slam! We have not seen Novak or Rafa since their Aussie Open slugfest that left both men bruised and battered. Murray has not shown up on the radar since his 5 set loss on Djokovich in Melbourne. Fed appeared in Rotterdam to tune the rank and file of the ATP. What's the TO opinion before the U.S. Winter hardcourt swing fully gets underway?  Can the Djoker have the last laugh in Paris?

He's got a BIG chance if he wins the French. Gotta get it done though.

Don't see it happening.  I think Rafa got enough of his mojo back during the AO, that he will be unbeatable at RG.  But as always, they gotta play the game.  Guess we will see.

No Nadal in sight. However, Murray shows up in Dubai to let the Djoker know that it is still the big 4! We are still in the winter hardcourt season so this all done with a grain of salt.

Nadal is on a siesta? Wassup with him?

Looks like Rafa is too busy being a model to play tennis since the Aussie open. Maybe that final was like the "Thrilla in Manilla" and Rafa will no longer be able to summon greatness again much like smoking joe.

Ooo! Better not let see Mark T. see that. lol

Saw it.  He is resting, and working on different things for his game to display during the clay season.  Do not write off my guy.  And I seriously can't believe this thread is coming back to life.  Djoko just lost to Murray of all people.  He will not win the Grand Slam.  If anything, the way Fed is playing, he is quickly becoming the one to watch out for. (Can't believe I just said that).

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service