Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Know any decent clay courts with lights around the area?  Northbrook or Highland Park?    Fees or reservation required for use of the courts?  Just learned that the Mixed Dubs Team Tennis for NSTF are mostly on clay and looking to practice on the surface.

Views: 269

Replies to This Discussion

Not impossible.  But they also run leagues on the courts on certain evenings. My son and I have had good luck getting on the courts.  If the clay is not available we hit on the hard courts.
UPDATE on Wood Oaks clay courts: they are still closed as of Memorial Day (5/30).
Yea, my friend and I took a ride over to those courts yesterday and the nets were down.  Good thing that they had plenty of regular hard courts as well.  Hopefully they'll be open as the weather gets nicer.
Thanks Angie and Adam for looking out. 
UPDATE AS OF JULY 1:  still closed.  It looks like Wood Oaks was a part of the budget cuts this year.  Proficiency on clay is apparently not a public priority in Northbrook.
My cousin is a lucky bastard because he lives within walking distance of 6 clay courts (green clay).  A couple times when I've been to his house, we've walked over and used them which I remember being absolutely awesome.  My cousin lives in Oak Park which is about a 40 minute drive from where I am in Glenview.  Up until I just read this thread, I was unaware that there were clay courts in Northbrook.  That's awesome because I'm sure It would be a shorter drive by about 10 or 15 minutes.  I'll definitely have to check them out.  Hope they're open after all this rain that we've been getting.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service