Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Looks like the Yonex people like Australians; as one pro sunsets, another rises.

Views: 668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whats his ranking I like this story & i want to know which racquet he was using before. thanks mark.

He used a pro stock head youtek radical....his ranking is 42
They also like the swiss, wawrinka is on board too with the custom v core 95.

How good is the V Core 95? Is it anything like Nalbandian's old stick?

Ive not tried it Tim but Nalbandians RDX 500 MP is a quality stick, real plush feel, low powered, great feel. I expect this is stiffer (??) IMO Yonex sticks are/were superb, but I could never get on with the 98" headsize, the isometric shape gives enormous sweetspot so the 90"-92" were ideal. I had a Joaquim Johansson rdx500mid paintjobbed in the rds001 yellow, no lead on it just matched to spec by the beautiful people in their Japanese warehouse, solid as a rock.

Ive also hit with the newer rdis100 and that was stiff as a board, theyve also changed the shape of the beam which was hexagonal and one of the main reasons for its solidity. Hewitt is also using the new Vcore95, it looks a great stick and I dont think it will affect Wawrinka's game and I hope Tomic starts to move up the rankings, he has some form.

I have an old Navratilova stick that she supposedly took out but didnt play with, its an rq260 and its a brute of a racket.

My partner LOVED the RDX 500. He would not switch forever, then finally went with the Microgel Prestige Mid. I think he still wishes he had that racquet. 

I did try a partner's RDiS 100. He modded it with a Volkl silicone butt cap, slathered lead at 9 and 3, and put power pads. The thing felt like a Cadillac, butter to knife. I think he had a real soft multi in there too.

Yeah, I still remember the R22, Martina's old stick. One of the guys on my old high school team used that racquet.

So it makes me wonder what the new Vcore is like...

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service