Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

The pros do this a lot.  I think in the USTA rules you are allowed to if you must actually relieve yourself.  Does anyone here use this break in a tight match to calm the nerves like the pros do?

Views: 422

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey when nature calls i go lol!!! I really don't see there is a need to other than that!

I agree, but do you ever worry that your opponent will think you are playing games by going to the rest room in the middle of a match?

I would think that is gamesmanship, just as sandbagging. Would be a bad trend if alot of tourney players began mimicking this on a large scale.

On the other hand, didn't Jimbo have to take a break for a case of Montezuma's Revenge during the U.S. Open?

I remember that vividly; and he WAS wearing white shorts.  Poor guy.

OR MAYBE NOT...

Here is a quote from THASP:

Anyone following this blog knows that I have cast a lot of suspicion on the so-called "bathroom breaks" that players take and then become magically rejuvenated. Apparently, this trend began back in 1983 (I vaguely recall this) when we were told by the announcers before the U.S. open final between Jimmy Connors and Ivan Lendl, that Connors had "diarrhea" and might need to take a bathroom break. His agent from that time, Donald Dell, has come out with a new book called "Never Make the First Offer" in which he tells us what really happened. Connors had a painful blood blister on his foot and had received a pain injection before the match that was going to wear off before the match would end. The whole story was a ruse to allow him to sneak into the bathroom and get a second pain injection (Connors went on to win the match). Now, this is a prime example of something that never used to happen, now occurring so often that people think of it as normal. It is not normal for a player to run to the bathroom in the middle of a match and if a player does so, it should be considered suspicious, in my opinion.

A blood blister? Well, that's no fun. lol

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service