Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Just look at this fairy tale draw developing for Baker.

Next up is Paire, then maybe Rosol who sank Rafa's ship.

Hopefully Brian can keep the run alive!

Views: 387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

His strength is definitely his return game. In general he has a very complete game and does everything at least moderately well. Good forehand, good backhand, pretty good serve, moves very well, and even has a decent net game.

His weakness, in my opinion is that he isn't exceptional at anything other than returning and perhaps his defensive movement. Still he's a very solid player and there's a lot to be said for that.

Thanks, Alex! I haven't seen much of Baker. Not too much on youtube, and I don't have the Tennis Channel.

Is this his golf move after sinking next putt; next opponent please.  A pretty good run the last month or so; keep it going!

It's his Vulcan hello gesture. lol

MM I like Baker's tennis IQ. From what I've seen, the guy plays the right shots. He doesn't go for too much. He knows what he can do and keeps it simple. He knows when to come in and has solid volleys when he is at net. The last match against Paire was the first time I saw him get shaky trying to close it out but given the magnitude of the situation, I could understand why.

His serve is nice and fluid -very little can go wrong with it and has bailed him out countless times in close games. 

All of his matches are available for replay at WATCHESPN

I got to see him - finally!  Against Kohl, and I have to agree that his serve is strong, but just playing smart tennis appears to be the real gift of BB.

Kohli whomped on Baker 6-1, 7-6, 6-3. Don't mess with Mister One Grip Returner!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service