Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Who's everyone's pick for the title? Men and women's winner and runner up.

Men's - As much as I want Nadal to win it, I feel like Nadal's half is tougher and Djoker will be more fresh than Rafa if they meet in the finals. I'm taking Djoker over Rafa in 4 close sets. I don't think Murray will be as big of a threat as he could have been if he ended 2013 healthy.

Women's -  I'm taking Serena 6-3, 6-4 over Sharapova. I think Sharapova is gonna get Vika this go around if they meet in the semi's. Her movement has improved, while Vika hasn't been in top form just yet.

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those are good picks, Cordell.

I'll take Rafa over Nole in the final, just to be different! 

And I think Serena is not beatable.  I do however pick Vika over Masha.

M

Wow, we all really butchered this one.  Never saw Nole losing to Stan (but so glad Stan pulled through!) and the same goes for Aga over Vika!  Aga played unreal!!!

I know Mark! Serena, Vika, Sharapova, and Nole all out before semi's?? Yeah, HUGE bust! =/ But I am also glad that stan finally pulled one out. He really put his heart and soul out there. How are you calling the Fed/Rafa clash??

I'd put my money on Rafa - but I haven't really seen Fed play much this tourney.  I also think/hope that Stan beats the Berdman.  But I still think Rafa is the man to beat.

What do you think about Fed?

Its gonna definitely come down to how determined Fererer is to serve and volley. He might get passed a few times, but I haven't seen him so proficient in a very long time as he was against Murray. And when he lost that 3rd set, its because he came in so less often! I still give rafa the edge, but the first set is gonna determine just how much edge he has.

I hope Stan loses & WIns

reason why is... he divorced his pregnant wife to focus on his tennis career....  If he Wins He should make amends with the x wife.

He got right back with her after that though. They're still together Coach.

I. Did. Not. Know. That.

This makes me like him a little more.  Of course, none of us really know anything about their personal lives, so we shouldn't judge.  But pregnant wife??? 

Yeah......no respect at all for that, IF that was his reason for the divorce. Marital issues is one thing, and I can't fault him for that. But I'm sorry, I can't respect any man who will leave his wife and CHILD for a career of any kind. =/

In the post match interview, Courrier asked about his daughter and Stan sounds like he spends a lot of time with her.  I wonder if his SO was in the box?

Ah idk...it did sound like he spends alot of time with her though, I agree.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service