Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Here read this from tennisone. its great it says that there are too many fat chicks in Pro tennis.
http://www.tennisone.com/newsletter/template/6.8.11.newsletter.html

Views: 956

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just put on a picture of Serena, she isn't looking too fat to me.  All I have to say is watch out girls, looks like Serena is serious about this comeback. 

I know Mark! And you know she's gonna come out with fire. How crazy would it be for her to be gone for an entire year and still defend her Wimbledon title?? I'm putting my money on her still. No one can work themselves into a tournament like she can!

I will edit the title to " overweight" chicks
Sorry but my secret Crush Garcia will win Winbledon

Doubtin' that one seriously! I think she'll make more of a run on hard courts.

Plus I never bet against Serena on any surface...... =/

After reading the article. I do believe that there is some merit to all professional athletes looking at their playing weights. Look at Roddick's amazing French and Wimbledon runs in 2009, Stefanki told Andy he would not work with him unless he dropped some weight. Now I don't think that anybody would question A-Rods fitness at any point of his career. However the loss of weight seemed to have made him a better mover and overall player.

Movement is what makes the Williams sisters so great. Almost all the ladies can hit a big ball  when it comes right to them. Its what you do on the move that turns defense into offense and wins matches.   I really don't buy that argument that you need the extra poundage for weight transfer. Getting to the ball that much earlier will put you into a much better position than just blindly adding mph/kph to an off balance shot.

I hate how everybody uses Kleybanova and Bartoli as examples of unfit tennis players. Bartoli is just a round girl. Check the WTA  vid that shows Kleybanova in her swimming training. These are not grossly overweight and out of shape women.

Switching sports look at Shaquille O'Neal. I think that he shortchanged himself by not losing weight as his knee injuries mounted and his play declined. With his raw power he could have had 4 more years of productive ball left in him instead of riding the pine in Beantown! 

Thanks JAzz for reading the article. That was the real point not the fat chicks.  I agree with your statement about Roddick losing weight. because he was lighter he was able to get to more back hands to bad they cant fix his head =/

Right now at 192lbs and only 5ft 8in. I need to lose about 30 lbs to even be consider a threat. my movement and reaction times have slowed down because of it. my last lost is a great proof of that fact.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service