Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Apparently he's earned a wildcard spot for Roland Garros this year. He's beaten Tsonga and Gaudio before but had multiple surgeries including the Tommy John.

Views: 397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes i heard of him, i found him while looking up the surgery for my elbow. He went to GA Tech i think with isner.

He should't be any slouch. He won a challenger :)

This just in. Bryan Baker beats Stakhovsky in a 3 setter.

Story here http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/05/21/Nice-Tuesday-Bak...

WAOOO!!! He just beat Gael Monfils in straights also

Baker just beat Kukushkin as well. Just finisished: 4-6, 6-3, 7-6! Baker is playing great, reaching the first semifinal of his career. Get's Davydenko next.

Davy will be tough. I don't see any footage of him playing ATP level matches yet. Any one have anything on Mr. Mayor's long lost cousin?

Sorry, don't have any links  -but my dad, also a B. Baker, got to see him play in person in Wimbledon in 2001 as a junior.  Crazy how big this comeback is.  Hopefully he can stay healthy.

This is huge! A win against Davydenko will catapult him into the top 150. Winning the tournament should take him into the top 120?

Update: Baker has traded breaks with Davydenko in the second set. He lost the first one in a tie break. But now he's up a break and looking to make it 1 set all, if he holds.

Baker up a double break now, serving for the set. This guy can really play. Complete game!  New fan here.

Put up a video, guys. I have no idea what his game is like.

Baker beats Davydenko 6(5)-7, 6-4, 6-2.

He gets Almagro in the final. 

He'll be playing Xavier Malisse in the first round. I hope the match will be on Tuesday or Wednesday so he won't be too tired.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service