Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I think it would be a good idea to create default regional tennis groups based off the Sectional and District Associations defined in the USTA Constitution. This would eliminate the possibility of redundant regional groups and bring more people together. Users would still be able to create subgroups within their Section and District and freely create social and fan groups. I realize that the USTA is not the end-all be-all of tennis, but the structure is already in place. It would also lay the groundwork for future enhancements catering to leagues and team captains.

Facebook groups are pretty useless from my experience. This specificity of this website allows you to apply more initial order.

I'd prefer a direct deposit into my e-gold account, however, a check in the mail will suffice. Boom!

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Jeff,

I have to admit that this column is a rare one that has a lot of informative information useful to the individuals trying to change the face of American tennis. The industry as I know of can use some changing from the top-down. I had a great idea that I'd love to encompass, however, that would require some financial backing of people that were interested in making a big impact in the way the industry is being conducted. It is paramount in my opinion that active memberships and participation stay active year round, because this back-log of people and players is really what keeps this game alive. Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Jason Lampione.
Jeff, I dig this idea, but here's what I've learned so far. People participate much more when a group is created by someone in the group rather than "admin". So far, we've only had 3 or four redundant groups (out of 170). What I've come to realize is more important is that the best groups are the ones where somebody is in charge and organizes events - like san antonio and mid-peninsula and tampa. The other groups are fine, but can tend to be quiet if no one is in charge. The redundant groups don't bother me as much as they used to because I realize now that the more acitve one (hence the better managed one) will survive. I dig that you, and Jason, are thinking about ways to improve the site! I've got a to do list a mile long but you should definitely join the Local Group Admins Group and drop some science in there.
That's it for now, late at night here,
M
You're probably right. The groups don't seem out of hand and I think tennis lovers will naturally show more TLC to this website than the average user does for Facebook.

Jeff, we took your idea (kinda) and added a cool list of tennis groups organized by region.

This is findable from the drop down menu below the groups tab.

http://tennisopolis.com/page/groups-by-regionstate

Check it out.  The only problem with it is that it has to be updated manually.

M

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service