Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Welcome to WindyCityTennis Players!

When I joined Tennisopolis, there wasn't a group for Chicago yet so I had to right that immediately and started this group, so thanks for joining!

Lets all get to know one another. Tell us about you:

What level do you play?
Where do you play?
How often?
What are you looking for?
Are you interested in league play and tournaments or are you just looking for fun, friends and great exercise?

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

I stay close to University of ilinois@ Chicago, UIC, exaclty in little Italy(Morgan/Taylor). I know a couple of locations nearby my house,

My fone no is : 773-289-7960, please call and let me know your avalability,
I know many places to play tennis in downtown , Im mostly available in weekends, in weekdays in the late evening after 6 PM
Hi Chirag, are you interested in playing on the Northside this Sunday June 1st?
hey guys. i don't know if everyone knows about this, but i saw this "league" that kind plays tournaments. you sign up and then when they put you on the list, you contact the 3 people below you to play a game on your own time, then just report the score online. check it out! i'm entered for women's singles starting april 22.

http://chitowntennis.com/
very funny gwen
come on out to oak park and play at the best center in the area.
oak park tennis center
I'm between a 3.0 and 3.5..I play in and around Naperville
How often? Not enough...didn't play all winter so I am looking to shake off the rust quickly since i joined the Gladiators tennis league out here

Looking for someone to hit with in the morning
Or occassional doubles group
I'd say I'm intermediate level, mainly because I'm inconsistent, sometimes great other times horrid.

I'm looking to play in the Lincoln Square area, once a week. I'm out of shape and need something fun for motivation, hence, tennis. League play or just informal group of similar skill level would be great.
Hi, I just signed up on this board, and am looking for tennis players, sounds like you're in my neck of the woods - are you available to play maybe this Sunday AM June 1st?
Hey windycity...

Similar story as many others in the forum...i was pretty good in HS, then stopped playing for several years, so now i suck. I justed started taking lessons w/a pro again and the shots felt pretty good. It'd be great to have a hitting partner to regain power and consistency on my shots...as well as yours. I'm free most Mon - thurs after 6:30pm. if you're looking for some post-work stress relief and exercise, then let me know. i work in the loop and live in river north.
Hi all,

I too played in HS and I am looking to start playing now on a more consistent basis. I play in Lincoln Park and would prefer to play somewhere near that area. I am a 3.0-3.5 and like to get and start playing now that the weather is starting to get warmer. I am rather flexible when I can play.
Hello everybody! I am just starting playing and looking for someone to play with at a similar level or more advanced, but willing to teach. I will be able to play once or twice a week and I am looking for good exercise and people who, like me, enjoy being physically active.
Hi,

I also used to play more in HS, but am in my 40's now.

Can hit some mean forehands, having some problems with court coverage, but am playing decently.

Would like to find a person or people to play with. My husband covers the court much better, but hits the balls wildly more often.

I'd like to find someone to play with for fun. Either singles or doubles.

We live in Hanover Park and have decent courts nearby, or will travel.

Nancy
Hey, I'm new, so I'll do the formalities here;

I'm a 3.0 usually, though am unfortunately hopelessly out of practice.

I've only played in Grant Park thus far, but honestly speaking would prefer to find somewhere else, due to the general disrepair of those courts. I'm quite willing to travel a reasonable distance from South Loop, though I'm confined to CTA transport. I'm not too familiar with courts in the city, and thus am very open to suggestions.

I've only played once since August, and that was just a practice session. If feeling baroque I could claim I've never played a match in this country, since I moved from England a few months ago.

I'm looking for matchplay; I'm self-taught and have never taken winning tremendously seriously or anything, but I'd greatly enjoy competitive matches. Just singles, that is; I've never been fond of doubles.

I have a vague interest in casual leagues and tournaments, though nothing with too strong a whiff of officialness. Much more concerned with finding regular play, for the sake of my stagnating sporting life.

As for times, I'm afraid I'm quite unavailable on weekends, and generally during evenings too; if anyone out there has time during weekday mornings and afternoons, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service