Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

This past summer, I started playing a lot of tennis. In two months, I got my tennis game from a level 3 to a level 4. Somewhere in between the training, I noticed I couldn't brake and turn as fast as I would like with the running shoes I was playing in so I went out to a Tennis shop, and they recommended the Babolat All Court III. I play with a Pure Drive raquet and Pro Hurricane Tour strings, so Babolat shoes made perfect sense since I liked everything else I've tried from that company.

Although these shoes did let me brake and turn faster, I think I bought them a half size too small and when I play really aggressively, my feet hurt at the end of the match.

By Christmas, I am looking to up my game from level 4 to level 5 and I feel that a part of that would be upping my footwork, starting with better shoes. I started playing a level 5 player and I just couldn't get to the ball in time to hit it back with pace.

If I were to spend around $110 on shoes, which is the best shoe out there. I've looked at so many reviews and the Barricades seem like a top choice, but what do you guys think and what do you guys play with?

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Peter...

I play with the Asics Gel Resolution.

They're amazing for a thin to normal foot... soft everywhere except on the front, and sides near the front... firm in the heel... definitely a player's shoe. Our customers are raving about the Gels.

The Head Prestige is a firm Barricade-like shoe that would fit like a brick... very good for a big strong dude that cuts and turns real hard.

The Barricades are our most popular shoes, but go with what feels good. Reviews mean nothing to the individual, since feet come in so many shapes. Personally I found that even on a tight fitting heavy Barricade, I had this space around my ankle that never went away no matter how tight I tied them. For me, the Feathers are way better than the regulars.

So those are my three suggestions, all around $110.

Let me know when you decide and I'll give you the best deal. I sell all these.

Good luck!

-Ben of TZ
Hey Ben,

I went to an adidas performance store and they happened to be phasing out one of the barricade color schemes and gave me a good deal. I'll be sure to check back here if i plan on buying a new pair or if i start to get complaints. we'll see if the barricades hold up after hard play for a couple of months.
My $0.02 Now I haven't played tennis in over ten years and just started playing again. When I did play I normally go through one tennis shoe a month and I did most of my playing on clay and grass. I was shocked when I geared up this year and found that tennis shoes were going for over a $100 a pair. This to me is just crazy. The newer styles and technology to me were no different from the shoes I wore years ago but the one major difference is the price. Ridiculous!
I used to wear Diadora's and they were great shoes and broke in well. I am currently wearing the 7.0 by KSwiss, after I tried them on at several local pro shops I went ahead and contacted my brother working for Chevron in Indonesia and paid 320000 (IDR) Rupias for it. For those not verse in FOREX it is equivalent to about $30 (USD).
You know, shoes are really expensive now, but most shoes over $110 come with a 6 month warranty, which isn't so much a garuntee as it is a challenge. If you wear out one of these shoes within 6 months, send em in and they'll give you new ones for free. then the shoes cost about 60 dollars a pair which is well worth it for say 10 months with both pairs. what do you think? currently, the shoes that i have looked at with the warranty are those offered by babolat and the Barricades. I am testing out the Barricades right now, and they feel better then the last shoes i had.
I like lightweight shoes, and my favorite shoes are Adidas CC Boom. Luckily they're only about $60!

But overall, I have found that Adidas shoes fit me the best. My second choice would be Fila. The Fila Prosimmo are pretty good shoes.
I go with the Barricade 2-3
and would improve overall fitness by doing jumping exercises to get to faster balls
I tried the barricades and found them a real difficult fit. I ended up with adidas feather, less support but I feel more mobile, Im 190cm and about 175lbs. I have big feet and find most shoes not nimble enough. The Feather fit like a sock and are not good for walking around town with, although they look great. Best move I made to get these shoes it improved my mobility around the court.
It's true that the barricades and most other tennis don't provide a perfect fit.
Most shoe's fit sucks, out of the box.
I should have mention this and that i tailor my head shoes because of this fact.

If you have feet problems, replace the insert and add foam blocks.
Even try a larger(or in small cases, a smaller) size since your feet expand during a match.

Playing shoe roulette takes time.
I'm glad you found your golden pair.

richard meaghan said:
I tried the barricades and found them a real difficult fit. I ended up with adidas feather, less support but I feel more mobile, Im 190cm and about 175lbs. I have big feet and find most shoes not nimble enough. The Feather fit like a sock and are not good for walking around town with, although they look great. Best move I made to get these shoes it improved my mobility around the court.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service