Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I have this idea for this thread.
You know how there are all these kernels of tennis wisdom that are easier said than done? They can be so frustrating in their simplicity. Let's list all the prophetic one-liners in this thread. Try to avoid discussion, oh, and one at a time please. :-)
M

Views: 2069

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're only as good as your 2nd serve.
"A, B, C"  (Doubles)  Always Be Closing!

"The most important game in a set.....Game 7" from former Aussie great, Fred Stolle

"Always hit cross-court except to put it away"

"Cover the line on approach shots"

" MY Racquet is on FIRE! " - CoachV.......

this is my newest Taunt i created!

After hitting a Great Shot Yell

MY Racquet is ON FIRE!

then drop the racquet and stomp out the fire before continuing play.... its funny when done right! or wrongly.

Sincerely

CoachVtennis.com

CoachV William Vazquez

You're only as good as your 2nd Serve

Racquet back

The 3 most important shots in singles tennis are the serve, return of serve and cross court groundstrokes, in that order.  So, how do you spend your practice time?

Is that a one liner? lol

Well, hard to find partners who will spend more time on the first two. Usually, endless rallying is what happens.

No doubt, like minded practice partners are worth their weight in gold.  Or, at least worth being very nice to.  The question becomes: Why do you play tennis?  If you play to get exercise, socialize, a suntan, etc., etc., then this isn't very important or relavant.  But, if you play to win matches, then it seems to me that your practice time should be spent on those aspects of the game that will most improve your match play. 

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service